Sunday, July 27, 2014

Cajun Style Spicy Peanuts - Slow Cooker

What you see here is the beginning of something very delicious!! I found the recipe on the Web, but added some things to make it my own.  My mom is from the South and introduced me and my siblings to boiled peanuts.  They were okay, but I felt they were lacking something.  I love all things in the spicy category, so I decided to look for a recipe that would add a little flare to the standard.

I found one that sounded perfect, I found a Cajun seasoning that I loved, a hot sauce that I love, added some fresh Rosemary sprigs, garlic powder and onion powder.  It gave boiled peanuts a kick in the pants!  My whole family loves them, in fact, my sisters and nieces will come over when they know I've made a batch so they can take some home.

The pic below shows the peanuts soaking in water to get rid of the dirt on the shells.  I soak them for a while, then rinse them and soak them all over again.  I do this until the water runs clear and the peanuts look mostly clean.

This was one of the best things that I have discovered in recent years.  Of course, you have to love peanuts first!!



No comments:

Post a Comment