Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hearty Breakfast Scramble - Recipe

What's up people?? 

Hope you had a beautiful day!! I promised that I would share recipes from time to time, so here is the first one. If you make it, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do!! I would love, love, love to hear how it came out!!



Ingredients:

Ore Ida Diced Frozen Hash Browns
Eggs
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Morton's Season Salt
Mrs. Dash (Original)
Sea Salt
Breakfast Sausage
Cheese
Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms (Optional)
Peanut Oil
Butter

1.  Pour the peanut oil into a non-stick frying pan and heat to med-high.

2.  Carefully add the hash browns, I typically use 1/2 bag.

3.  Season the hash browns to taste using all of the seasonings and red              pepper flakes if you choose to add them.

4.  Cover and reduce the heat, let them cook for about 7 minutes. After 7            minutes are up, flip them so that the brown side is up and repeat this            step. Once the hash browns are browned, turn the stove off, cover them          but leave them on the same burner so they stay warm.

5.  Cook your breakfast sausage on the stove or in the microwave if they are        frozen.  The choice of meat is up to you. Drain, and let the sausage cool a      little so that you don't burn your hands. Cut the meat into small bite sized      pieces and set aside.

6.  Clean the mushrooms, season then saute them using a mixture of peanut        oil and butter. Drain and set aside.

7.  Season the eggs in a bowl, and beat them with either a fork or a whisk.          Put some of the peanut oil and butter in a non-stick pan and allow the            butter to melt.  Pour the eggs in the frying pan and scramble on medium-        low heat. Remember to keep them moving!! This will give you fluffier eggs.

8.  Place the scrambled eggs, sausage and mushrooms in with the hash              browns and gently stir.  

9.  Put shredded cheese on top of the mixture, cover the pan with a lid and          allow the cheese to melt.

Enjoy!!!

I didn't give exact measurements, because everyone has different ideas of what taste good to them.  Some like more of this or more of that, so I'll leave it up to you.  I use lots of eggs, because I love them (more egg whites than whole eggs)!!!

On a funnier note....I JUST realized that I put two of the same pictures in the collage!! :-))  I plead the fifth about why it happened!! ;-))

Tip:  You can cook the mushrooms and sausage while the hash browns are cooking so that everything is ready at the same time.  This allows the hash browns to still be warm when the eggs are ready to mix in with the rest of the ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment