Saturday, January 10, 2015

Chicken & Turkey Noodle Soup

The idea of this soup started out with the basic chicken noodle soup, however, I had some smoked turkey wings in the freezer and I wanted to use them for flavoring.

It turns out the smoked turkey wings had quite a bit of meat on them, so my soup turned into a chicken/turkey noodle soup!

I cut and sauteed some carrots, onions, garlic and celery. I used the smoked turkey wings, some chicken stock, and some chicken broth for extra flavor.

As per usual, I can't make anything bland, so I added some Slap Yo Mamma seasoning just to add a little kick.  I didn't get too heavy handed with the spicy seasoning though.

This was my first for 2015!! I've made various kinds of soups over the years, but I've never made chicken noodle soup, or in this case chicken/turkey noodle soup.

It almost didn't get made, because I was missing one key ingredient, which was the egg noodles.  It turns out my sister was making the same thing for dinner, but the power went out on the whole side of town where she lives.  It was out so long, she called and said she was heading to my house.  I told her what I wanted to make, and that's when she told me that she was in the middle of cooking the same thing!

My sister saved the day, and brought the noodles she was going to use in her soup to my house!!

Yay for big sisters!!! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment