Friday, December 5, 2014

Baked Fish, Cabbage & Cornbread

I really wanted to make cabbage the way my mom made it while I was growing up, unfortunately, I didn't have any ham hocks to put in them.

I went on the internet to find a recipe for cabbage that I could make with what I had in the fridge and cupboard.

I found a recipe with 4.9 stars and decided to give it a try, because I had ALL of the ingredients.

I followed the recipe with the exception of a few things.  I added a smoked turkey wing, and some garlic powder. Instead of using season salt, and regular salt, I used some Slap Yo Mamma seasoning.  I wanted to add some spiciness to them.  

I haven't cooked cabbage in years, but I will tell you, it came out really good!! My daughter, and one of her friends that happened to visit really liked the cabbage.  Oh yeah, they liked the fish and cornbread too! :-))

The recipe is in the link below.  Just copy and paste it to your browser.

http://divascancook.com/southern-cabbage-recipe/



4 comments: