Saturday, December 6, 2014

Homemade Sweet Potato Fries

This is the first time that I've made sweet potato fries from scratch.  I usually buy them frozen and bake them.

I must admit, cutting a sweet potato is NOTHING like cutting a regular white potato.  Russet, or Yukon potatoes are much softer when you cut them.  This was a real experience for me.

I was thinking "don't cut your finger off" while slicing the sweet potatoes!!

I cut them up, placed them in a large bowl and drizzled olive oil over them, just to coat.  I added kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, paprika and some garlic powder.

After about 20 minutes in the oven, they were ready!!

Loved these fries!!! I got the recipe from the link below. Copy and paste to your browser.

Link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/baked-sweet-potato-fries-recipe.html


No comments:

Post a Comment