Saturday, August 9, 2014

Betty's Spaghetti - Recipe

I tried to find a way to post the pics where that made them easy to see, but I'm still new at this, so bare with me.

Below are the steps that I take to create my spaghetti dish.

The meats

1 lb Jimmy Dean original sausage
1 lb ground turkey
Louisiana style hot links



Saute the sausage until mostly brown



Add ground turkey meat and saute together.


Saute sausage and turkey together until completely browned and drain off any liquid, cover and set aside. In the meantime, you can cut the sausage links. You can use however many you want to put in your spaghetti.


I saute the sausage until they are browned in a separate pan from the other meat. I do this to make sure they have some caramelization going on.


Combine the meats


Add the Ragu (whichever kind you prefer, in this case it is garden vegetable). I buy two to make sure my spaghetti is saucy, the way I like it.  I don't usually use two, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.





Add pepper (I use the pepper medley, because it lends more flavor than plain black pepper) and stir.



Cover and let simmer so that all the flavors have a chance to blend together.




Boil your spaghetti when the sauce has had a chance to simmer for a while. Drain the spaghetti and either pour the sauce over top of the spaghetti, which is my preferred way of eating it, or put some spaghetti on a plate and add sauce on top, which I did in the pic down at the bottom.


The spaghetti is being served with roasted asparagus tonight.  Here is the finished dish.  I'm ready to dig in!! :-))









No comments:

Post a Comment