Thursday, August 7, 2014

Frog Legs - Nola Po-Boy & Gumbo Restaurant

I can never be accused of not trying new things.  This was yet another first for me recently on a visit to Nola Po-Boy & Gumbo Restaurant in Concord, CA.

I wanted to try something that I had never tried before, and I've tried some pretty interesting things in my life.  I've tried sea slug (IKR?? Sounds gross, but not as bad as it sounds), escargot, and alligator to name just a few.

I was a little nervous, but as everyone says "tastes just like chicken!" Literally, if I didn't see the shape of the legs, and knew that I ordered frog legs, I would have thought it was chicken!!

The only difference I could tell is that is was definitely "tougher" than chicken meat would be.  I figure it's because of all the hopping around those legs did in their lifetime...sorry about that...just my reasoning for the toughness.



No comments:

Post a Comment