Friday, August 15, 2014

Oysters on a Half Shell - Hog Island Oyster Co, Napa CA

What an experience!!! This was another first for me, and I didn't know what to expect.  I was so scared to try them that I had the people at the next table cracking up laughing at my reaction.

I had some silly thoughts about them.  I was wondering if they were actually still alive, or were they dead.  Did they let out a little scream when I bit one, and did the others sense what was coming next?? I know, I know...silly thoughts!

I didn't know whether to chew them or swallow them whole.  I opted to chew them.  They were VERY cold, which I understand is a good thing.  I added some of the condiments to them.  They were good, but I haven't had them since that day.  LOL

That's my niece sitting in the background.  It was her first time trying them as well. Her expression kind of says it all!! hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment