Saturday, August 2, 2014

Lemon Scallop Risotto

I was in the mood for risotto, and every time I thought about it, I was in the wrong restaurant to order risotto.  I finally decided I would attempt to make it myself. Yep, I have zero experience making any kind of risotto.

I checked out recipes on line, and found one that sounded really interesting. The results are in the pic below.  It was VERY lemony, much more than I thought it would be.  The consistency was what I would have expected from a risotto. This was also my first time cooking with arborio rice.  

This dish takes time and patience, but was well worth it.  The only thing I would complain about with my first time risotto dish was the fact the my scallops refused to sear.  I used a heavy pan, but they just kept putting out juice and never seared.  Not sure if it was something I did wrong, or if it was the scallops I bought.  Either way, they were still good.  I didn't cook them a long time because I was afraid they would get tough.





No comments:

Post a Comment