Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Betty's Dip - Recipe

I've come to realize I have zero creativity when it comes to naming the dishes I make.  This one has been around for years, and I still can't think of a fitting name for it. I call it Hot Dip...you see what I mean! That doesn't sound appetizing at all. My son calls it Birthday slop, because he always wants me to make this on his Birthday. I'm sure I can't use that name either. So I'm kind of stuck, but willing to take suggestions.  Maybe I should hold a contest to see who comes up with the best name!! :-))

Recipe

1 lb ground turkey
1 pkg taco seasoning mix 
1 24 oz jar medium Pace Picante Sauce
1 Large sour cream
1 Large can re-fried beans

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Saute ground turkey meat until browned, drain liquid
Add Pace Picante sauce
Add taco seasoning mix
Simmer until picante sauce is warmed through and flavors are blended

Pour mixture in a baking pan 
Top with re-fried beans, making sure the mixture is completely covered
Top with sour cream, making sure the re-fried beans are completely covered
Add shredded cheese

Place in oven until the cheese is melted and the dip starts to bubble at the top.

Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!



No comments:

Post a Comment