Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Salad - Lunch Today

I know it doesn't look like it, but trust me, there is an actual salad underneath all the stuff you see! Today was the first time that I ever tasted kale.  I've avoided it forever, because it just didn't sound good to me.

I ran into a co-worker who told me it was good, so I decided to get a piece of kale on top of my salad. The kale is citrus infused, and to my shock and surprise, it was delicious!!! Because I was scared to try it, I only had one piece and wished I had more.  Oh well, next time!!

For this salad, I had romaine lettuce, mushrooms, black olives, jalapenos (that spicy side I just can't get away from...lol), tomatoes, boiled eggs, artichoke hearts, pita chips and that lonely piece of kale you see on top there.

Brace yourselves, it might seem kind of strange to you, but I love to mix balsamic vinegar with blue cheese dressing...IKR?? There was no blue cheese to be found, and I was appalled!!  If you could have seen my face when I realized it wasn't there for a second day in a row, I'm sure you would have had a good laugh. Low and behold, I was reduced to ranch dressing...BUT, it worked so all was well.

Loved it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment