Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Go to Dish

This is a dish that I make when I need to feed a lot of people, and I have little time on my hands.  I don't have an official name for it, but I use ground turkey, Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup and chicken broth. If I can find a soup that combines other things like roasted garlic, I'll buy that instead of one of the plain ones.

I season and saute the ground turkey until it is browned, drain the liquid then add the two soups and the broth.  After I add the soups and broth, I add 1 can of 2% milk, about 3 Tblsp. butter, 1 package of Splenda and some Worcestershire sauce and seasonings, stir and let simmer until all the flavors blend. After simmering, I add fresh spinach and let it wilt.

I always use some type of pasta, but today I wanted to see how it would work with rice, which is why I was at the supermarket today.

Surprise, surprise, surprise, it worked just as good, if not better with rice!!  I of course added some red pepper flakes once I plated it, at least on mine.

Here is the finished product, oh, and please ignore the paper plates you've been seeing in some of my pics.  I moved recently and finding and putting everything away has been an interesting journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment